Monday, April 12, 2010

Spicy meatloaf burgers

So Last night I made this meatloaf and it was amazing and I'm not much of a meatloaf fan but I was thinking they would of tasted even better as hamburgers so I haven't tested this out yet but I will but I figured I'd post how I made it anyways except turn it into a burger!

2 lbs beef (I always use grass fed beef)
1 egg
Bread crumbs
Half red bell pepper
half yellow bell pepper
a hand full of finely chopped carrots
half an onion
Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper

Sauce
Ketchup
Brown Sugar
Shiracha

Saute the peppers onion and carrots I use coconut oil but olive oil would work then throw those in with the beef, egg, bread crumbs, and Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper. Hand mix and make into patties cook on the grill or in a pan and top with mozzarella cheese and the ketchup sauce and put on a burger bun with whatever you like to put on your burger!...yum yum or you could make into meatloaf put in a meatloaf pan and top with sauce and I baked it at 375 for 1hour and 15 min I made mashed potatoes and salad as a side dish.

My Mashed potatoes

* 1 box Chicken Broth I use organic
* 5 large potatoes, peeled cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1/2 cup light cream
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve some for garnish)
* Generous dash ground black pepper
salt to taste

Heat the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving the broth.
Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup broth, light cream, sour cream, chives, butter, bacon and black pepper. Add the additional broth, if needed, until desired consistency. Garnish with the remaining bacon.


you can also leave out the bacon and chives and the potatoes are awesome alone!

2 comments: